International Writing Centers Week is an opportunity for people who work in writing centers all over the world to celebrate writing and to become more aware of the important role of their individual campus and community writing centers.
Monday, February 8
Writing centers are located all over the world.Today we want to know: Where are you? And
what does your consulting space (and you) look like?
- Plot your writing center on the map. For instructions and the link, click here.
- Share a picture of your writing center, your personal workspace, and/or you/your
staff on IWCA’s Twitter @IWCA_NCTE using the hashtag #WCFaces2021
Tuesday, February 9
Everyone has a story. We want to know yours.
- What is your six word writing center story? #WCStories2021
Wednesday, February 10
Today is hump-day. For some of us, there still is much consulting to do, papers to write/grade, and articles to read. Today we ask:
- How do you take care of yourself and coworkers so you can be there for writers?
Thursday, February 11
You spend a great deal of our time reading others’ work, either to inform your practice and
projects or to offer guidance on how to proceed. Today we ask:
- What are you writing? What do you wish you had time to write? #WCWrite2021
Friday, February 12
In the spirit of the upcoming Valentine’s holiday:
- We invite you to meet IWCA Vice President Georganne Nordstrom, University of Hawaiʻi at Mānoa, and President Sherry Wynn Perdue, Oakland University, to join us via Zoom at 3PM EST. Use the passcode wcweek
- We ask you: How does working in a writing center allow you to support what and who you love? #WCLove2021