One of the latest developments in Open Access publishing is the introduction of Plan S by a group of Research Funding Organizations associated with Science Europe, the European Commission, and the European Research Council. Our next webinar will help researchers understand the objectives behind Plan S and how this initiative will benefit the scientific research community.
After this session, you will have more information on the following:
- Basics of Open Access Publishing
- What is Plan S and cOAlition S?
- Insights on the aims, scope, and principles of Plan S
- Understanding the requirements for journals and publishers
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
- A distinguished publishing expert, consultant, and trainer, Mr. Duncan Nicholas has extensively worked in the field of scholarly publishing for 14+ years.
- For a decade, Duncan was associated with Taylor and Francis Group. His responsibilities included establishing editorial and peer review processes for a variety of journals by closely working with researchers, journal editors, authors, and reviewers. In addition, he ensured quality enhancement of all editorial aspects of journal publishing as well as developed specific journal titles through evidence-based analysis and broader subject-area related research.
- Duncan has conducted numerous training programs focusing on various topics related to scholarly publishing, including topics like open science, journal metrics, publication ethics, peer review, challenges in academic writing for ESL authors, etc.
- In his current role, he works with publishers to improve the content, subscriptions, presence and impact of their titles. He is responsible for implementing new technological developments in publishing along with publishers.
All webinar-related materials such as ebooks, checklists, recording link, etc. will only be shared with the attendees. Please go ahead and recommend this session to your colleagues! It’s free!