Thu, Jan 17, 2019, 7:30 AM – 8:30 AM MSK
Note: In case you have missed the first part of the Biostatistics series, you can attend the session now via https://www.enago.com/academy/a-crash-course-on-biostatistics-introduction/. This crash course will have 1 more session covering other important concepts such as odds ratio, regression analysis, and multiplicity. However, the previous sessions will be a pre-requisite for the concluding webinar.
After this second session, you will have more information on the following:
• Types of clinical study designs
• Hypothesis testing and its types
• The P-value approach
• Types of errors
• Effect size
• Sample size
ABOUT THE SPEAKER
• Traci Marin is a published author and has worked for more than a decade in the dynamic field of biostatistics and molecular biology research.
• Traci has worked as an academic, researcher as well as a doctoral programs director at several renowned universities.
• She pursued her PhD and MSc degrees in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology from the prestigious University of California. She also holds a Masters degree in Epidemiology and Biostatistics from Loma Linda University.
• She is also a recipient of several awards such as Young Investigator Award (Loma Linda University), Magna Cum Laude (University of California) and President’s Award (Loma Linda University).